Atlanta Divorce Mediators/JCA – Juvenile Deprivation/Delinquency (42 hrs), June-July 2010
Justice Center of Atlanta, Mentorship Program (Observation/Co-Mediation 15 hrs), February 2010
Atlanta Divorce Mediators/JCA – Domestic/Divorce Mediation & Domestic Violence (42/14 hrs), January 2010
Justice Center of Atlanta, Special Education Mediation/Basic/Civil Mediation (20 hrs/40 hrs), Dec/Nov 2009
Florida International University, Miami, FL, USA
-M.A. in International Studies (Focus: Area Development) December 1997
-Cert. Latin American/Caribbean Studies December 1997 / Cert. Translation Studies (Sp / Eng) December 2002
Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York, USA
-B.A. in Communication Arts (Film and Television Production)/French August 1990
Staff Interpreter - DeKalb County State Court, since 2011
Legal and Medical Interpreter, Translator, Mediator, and Trainer
Legal Interpreting: Certified Spanish Court Interpreter experienced in sight, consecutive and simultaneous modes in court, mediations and legal settings (jails, civil and criminal proceedings, and depositions), and on-site for business meetings and interviews.
- NCSC Certified in Florida in May 2008 (Qualified since 2002); Georgia, June 2008.
- DOJ Qualified for Immigration Court (SOSi Interpreter for the Department of Justice’s (DoJ) Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) since 2015)
Medical Interpreting: Medical, corporate and social service settings in the Atlanta area: DFCS/DHS, Worker’s Compensation, Social Security Office, CHOA and area hospitals.
- Certified Healthcare Interpreter(TM) - 2020
- Certificate of Completion – “Mental Health Training for Medical Interpreters” Georgia Department of Health and Developmental Disabilities, (21 hrs) June 2010
- Certificate “Bridging the Gap” – Cultural training for interpreters / Piedmont Hospital, Atlanta, GA – (40 hrs) Oct 2008
- NAATI Accredited Translator English><Spanish (Number: 45249) October 2002
- National Australian Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd.
Court Interpreter Trainer
- De la Mora Interpreter Training since 2014.
- Georgia Commission on Interpreters Orientation Training since 2019
- Co-creator, Foundations of ADR and Conflict Resolution for Interpreters with Barrie J. Roberts, 2020